"Surround yourself with people that reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel, energies are contagious."
I was so blessed to have spent the weekend with some of the top leading peadiatric Chiropractors in this country at the first KIDS SUMMIT. My mission as a Doula and health practitioner is to spread the message of chiropractic so that one day all women, children and babies are being checked to ensure they live healthier and happier lives.
Four years ago I started working as a Chiropractic Assistant and I can honestly say that it has changed my life. Not just the phyiscal aspect of feeling better, and having a great posture. It has changed my life in ways that I would never have imagined. It has allowed me to question my beliefs, to find tools to gain a better and deeper understanding of who I am. To understand the connection between my mind and body, it has made me a better doula, yoga teacher and human being. Why I am so passionate about Chiropractic? It is the founding philosophy that to my knowledge no other health modality has or speaks of. Yoga and Chiropractic share very simliar philosphies which is why I guess it just makes sense to me. To give a precise definition of the chiropractic philosophy, it would be something like this- an effectual blend of open mindedness, critical thinking, as well as a sincere appreciation of the natural order of things. The power that made the body heals the body.
Like most people I thought chiropractic was about back cracking and relieving symptoms, I mean why else would you go to a chiropractor? I would love to explain what chiropractic really is. We have what is called an innate intellegence within our bodies, you cut your finger and it heals, your immune system is compromised the body increases its core temperature to kill off the virus or bacteria, that is innate intellegence at work, it is your body knowing what to do to keep you healthy and strong. Chiropractors don't fix anything, they help remove interference in the nervous system which then allows the body to heal if given the right environment. So what causes interference?
Chemical Stress (food, makeup, smoking, cleaning products etc)
Lack of movement
If you are living on this planet then one or more of the above will apply to you and you will no doubt have interference in your nervous system which quite frankly controls everything! Organs, muscles tissues, hormones, blood pressure the list goes on. The most cruical point here is that you don't need to feel pain to have interference in your nervous system. Do you sit all day in a chair? Drive long hours? Have a stressful job? Not like your job? We all have stress. Chiropractic is a simple and fast way to remove that stress. Too often people wait till the body gives them pain signals before they seek help but the problem has been there way longer then when the pain started. Don't wait till your in pain to listen to your body. Respect your body and it will respect and care for you. Or don't and pay the cost later in life. The choices you make today will directly impact the body you have later in life. What body would you like?
3 Top Chiropractic Myths V's Facts
1. Chiropractic only helps adults not children
2. Once you start you always have to go
3. Chiropractic care is too expensive
1. Doctors of Chiropractic focus on ANYONE's health, from newborns to the elderly. Reducing nerve irritation improves the body's natural ability to heal, regardless of age.
2. Would you want to continue to do something that gives you an increased level of health and vitality? Most people who see the huge changes in their energy, immune function, sleep patterns and general well-being choose to maintain chiropractic care as part of their wellness lifestyle. The choice is yours.
3. Quality of life is the key to understanding this myth. Those who have experienced long-term chiropractic care recognize that chiropractic care doesn't cost, IT PAYS!!!
Imagine a world (this is my perfect world) where everyone, man, woman, child, infant where being cared for by chiropractors and reducing the need for medical care, drugs, and surgery. This is the world I want my children to be living in. To trust in the innate intelligence of their bodies, to question and learn about their phyiscal, mental and emotional health.
How can chiropractic help children?
1. To encourage good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
2. To support their child’s overall health and wellbeing.
3. To help strengthen their child’s immunity and potentially reduce the incidence of colds, ear-aches and general illness.
4. To assist with colic and Irritable Baby Syndrome.
5. To help with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies.
6. To encourage good spinal posture.
7. To help improve their child’s ability to concentrate.
8. To assist with behavioural disorders.
9. To help alleviate digestive problems.
10.To assist with bed-wetting and sleep issues.
Photo: Courtesy of Carmel & Will. Baby Ben getting adjusted.
Chiropractic care is an intergral part of my life now and forever, I choose chiropractic for life. Understand all that chiropractic is and the decision to begin and maintain care is simple.
Want to find a wellness chiropractor in your area? Ask me how
With Love & Gratitude